News Coles Suppliers Awards 2016
27 September 2016
A huge congratulations goes out to the entire Bizwear team for being named a finalist for Outstanding Service at the Coles Supplier Awards 2016.
On Thursday 25th August, Coles held their annual Supplier Awards and Gala Dinner to recognise suppliers who have provided outstanding contributions to the retailer during the past 12 months. Bizwear was invited to attend the evening for its work on our recent uniform solutions roll out for Coles Express.
The gala dinner was held at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and was attended by around 1,200 Coles supply partners from all across Australia and team members.
The night was full of excitement and entertainment from the fabulous Guy Sebastian. The event also included talks from Coles CEO John Durkan, and directors Chris Nicholas and George Dymond.
Coles have more the 4,200 suppliers across Australia and with over 260 entries for the awards. It was an incredible honour to be recognised as a top five finalist for the ongoing partnership we have with the Coles team. We look forward to continuing this successful partnership providing corporate apparel in the coming years.
Congratulations to fellow finalists Koala Cherries Pty Ltd, GMP, InfoCentric and the category winner, Evolve Research and Consulting.
The Outstanding Service Award was one of seven categories at the Coles Supplier Awards, which recognise suppliers’ excellence in providing merchandise, services and goods not-for-resale across the Coles’ business. Winners of the other six categories were:
- Sundrop Farms at Port Augusta, South Australia won the Sustainable and Ethical Excellence Award for its establishment of a state-of-the-art glasshouse which grows tomatoes using solar energy and desalinated seawater.
- 9mile Fresh in Gippsland and Yarra Valley won the Community Champion Award in recognition of owner Robert Thompson’s ongoing efforts to distribute apples and raise money for a host of local charities and organisations.
- Mountain Blue Farms in Lindendale and Tabulam won the Product Innovation Award for the development of its pioneering new jumbo blueberry variety, the ‘Eureka’.
- Solaris Paper in Sydney won the Best Product Launch Award for the development and launch of its So Soft toilet paper brand.
- Della Rosa Traditional Fresh Foods in Melbourne won the Rising Star Award for its popular Coles Brand Chilled and Frozen Pizza range.
- The British Sausage Company in Perth won the Supply Chain Excellence Award for its initiatives to deliver fresher sausages to customers by reducing the time it takes to deliver products to stores.